A Permit to work system ensures that formal validation and authority is given when hazardous work is to be undertaken. It ensures that all components of a safe system of work are established before high risk work commences, thereby controlling and reducing risk to individuals and the organization. Lockout/Tagout is a safety procedure critical for the service and maintenance of machinery or electrical systems in cases where employees could be hurt by the unexpected start up, or energization of the equipment. It applies to all energy sources including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical, thermal, and even gravity. An effective Lockout/Tagout program can help protect workers by ensuring that machines and circuits are properly shut off (or de-energized) and not turned on (energized) again until the work is completed.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for who are responsible for implementing permit to work systems, new employees selected by the organisation for issuing and signing off permits to work, existing personnel in the organisation who issue and sign off permits that require formal training..
- Develop a Energy Control Procedure That Meets the Requirements of Lockout/Tagout
- Use with Lockout/Tagout (Control of Hazardous Energy)
- When is a Permit to Work Required Issues of Permit to Processes – Roles & Responsibilities
- Communication Processes to Compliment Permit Systems
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Plant Isolation/Lock out Tagout Procedures
- Documentation, Records & Auditing
- Practical Exercises