To ensure that personnel preparing for a gas tester role are equipped with the knowledge to safely conduct tests for flammable gases in preparation hot/cold work in the workplace.
Delegates will also learn about relevant legislative requirements, gas measuring and monitoring equipment and documenting gas test results.
Who Should Attend:
This programme is designed for personnel preparing to work as Authorised Gas and is required for those involved with performing a test for oxygen, flammable and toxic gases up to and including working in confined spaces.
- Hot/cold work and the presence of flammable and toxic gases
- The principles of hot/cold work gas testing
- The hazards and properties of flammable gases
- Using risk assessments and safe systems of work
- The implications of organizational and statutory requirements
- How to select, use and care for PPE and RPE
- How to work within the Permit to Work system
- Interpreting relevant operational instructions
- The operating principles of atmosphere measuring equipment
- The strengths and weaknesses of flammable and toxic gas detection equipment
- How to set up the relevant detector and confirm its correct functioning
- Gas detector pre-start checks
- Calibrating the instruments
- Detectors used for the flammable product
- Interpreting and documenting the results