Welding and cutting are hazardous activities that pose a unique combination of both safety and health risks. The risk from fatal injuries alone is more than four deaths per thousand workers over a working lifetime. The purpose of this course is to review the hazards and safe work practices involved in welding and cutting to prevent injury and/or illness.
Who Should Attend:
Welcome for personals who use welding equipment, cutting torches, or brazing equipment.
- Welding terminology & definitions
- Overview of welder certification/qualification
- Welding processes
- Welding codes
- Weld joint terminology
- Welding discontinuities/defects
- Overview of hazards associated with welding and cutting.
- Oxy-Acetylene safety
- Compressed gas cylinder sizes/capacities
- Compressed gas cylinder color code, markings and components
- Compressed gas cylinder labels
- Compressed gas cylinder handling , transportation and storage
- Welder health and safety